Psychological Assessment, Treatment & Counselling Services
The following are the most common problems presented by individuals seen in my practice. Assessment at the initial appointment is focused on clarifying the problem area(s) and gathering information about how long the problem has existed, its severity, and the ways in which it is affecting the individual’s functioning in different aspects of their life.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Trauma, Abuse
- Chronic Pain
- Anger Problems
- Relationship Problems
- Couples Counselling
- Difficulties related to:
- Major life changes (loss of loved one, divorce, loss of job, and others)
For information about the above conditions and psychological treatment approaches see Resources.
Brief Consultation / Education Sessions
Individuals who are on waiting lists for public funded mental health services may benefit from 1-3 sessions focused on:
- Gaining an understanding of the problem or disorder they are experiencing
- Receiving information on treatment approaches or coping skills
- Being introduced to self-help resources appropriate for the issues or disorder they experience
Workshops and Presentations
Workshops and presentations on the subjects of anxiety, depression, stress management, dealing with anger, and other topics about psychological health are available for health care and other organizations. These are focused on the interests and needs of the particular organization.